Midgard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Managing ppl pwr

+5
Hecate
zerogravity
Jake
Slyforn
MrP
9 posters

Go down

Managing ppl pwr Empty Managing ppl pwr

Post  MrP Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:27 pm

Remember back when the guild was small, communication was easy and alot got done?Well now since we are a much larger group I beleive there should be a shift in management to accomadate this new size.

My suggestion is a bit like a mini Feudal system (yes, that means that Massive is King). If we divide the Midgard guild members into 4-6 groups or teams, then we can work with each member on an individual level instead of always having to say, shut up im talking. We should assign Leaders, and sub-Leaders for when the leaders are unavailable, to these groups to work with the individuals in a team and they will be responsible for getting their group to work or informing them on Midgard info. They will take orders from Massive, Slyforn etc. I think that a system like this could really increase our effectiveness as a guild and we could see some great changes if we put some effort into it.

So lets see what you guys think about this system. If you have any suggestions, perhaps a completely different system, then you should post. It's not a very easy change and we would need some dedicated people so, lets hear it.
MrP
MrP

Back to top Go down

Managing ppl pwr Empty Re: Managing ppl pwr

Post  Slyforn Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:39 am

I do like the idea of this, and i did ask massive about a similar but not as well thought out system. And he didn't like it one bit. but hey -fingers crossed- i really like this idea Smile

Slyforn
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome 'o' Meter:
Managing ppl pwr Left_bar_bleue100/100Managing ppl pwr Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:19 am

I think this is a good idea, MpR - However, it needs a skeleton, how do you intend to put this together? Who should be leaders? How is this determined? How are you going to keep people together? What about immature people that don't like to take orders? In what way do you anticipate that the guild will react to this? Are there certain groups that should NOT be together? If you could, please answer? =P
Jake
Jake

Character sheet
Awesome 'o' Meter:
Managing ppl pwr Left_bar_bleue100/100Managing ppl pwr Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrP Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:49 am

Well Im not the only one who can answer those questions. The leaders would be people who work well together or can work with a certain kind of people, and the groups would be composed of people who can work well together. For example I wouldn't put fish and blazez in the same group. Leaders would be the more experienced and more devoted members and sub leaders would have lower requirements in the experience category. Orders could be passed down from Massive then divided into individual tasks.

We could even organize the groups around certain production skills to make sure that their needs are always addressed. Not that they would have to be seperate, but if there was a team of people that could always just throw away all other tasks when we needed more leathers for Delia or Herbs for Zeo and Fish, then we wouldn't always have to scramble the entire guild to get a few members to help. If we need to we can possibly make a survey to fit people into groups together. It really isnt that easy of a plan for an individual to put together though so maybe if we got some input from the members we would have a clearer picture.
MrP
MrP

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:52 am

Ah, I see. It's good A - that you can answer, B- that you're not too lazy to.
I like the idea of that, so we need to do a survey then... Alright
Jake
Jake

Character sheet
Awesome 'o' Meter:

Back to top Go down

Post  MrP Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:53 am

Half of the problem would be getting the information.
MrP
MrP

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:55 am

True, not everyone's very ...Dedicated? Or willing to spit out information. We're a guild of normal people, so we can't expect instant co-operation for sure. I can help with the surveys though . We need questions though.
Jake
Jake

Character sheet
Awesome 'o' Meter:

Back to top Go down

Post  MrP Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:59 am

We need approval first. Don't get ahead of yourself. We need massive to say that this is a good idea before we can start surveying Midgard.
MrP
MrP

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:00 am

True, ahah - thank you for the reminder.
Jake
Jake

Character sheet
Awesome 'o' Meter:

Back to top Go down

Post  zerogravity Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:25 am

Sounds like a good plan. Though we would need to keep it strictly organized.If we don't this plan would just completely fall apart.
zerogravity
zerogravity

Character sheet
Awesome 'o' Meter:

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:01 am

i'm not sure how much help i'll be but i support this idea.
Hecate
Hecate

Character sheet
Awesome 'o' Meter:

Back to top Go down

Post  ShyNinja Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:01 pm

Sounds interesting.
xD
ShyNinja
ShyNinja

Character sheet
Awesome 'o' Meter:

Back to top Go down

Post  Massive Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:50 pm

mhmm seems like many of you agree with this. But, I just don't like the idea entirely I do give Mrp and Slyforn props for something~ innovative. However... I think it's more trouble than need be, and I simply think we need to educate people on the importance of a castle which so far has boosted morale and I can't seem to find enough space for the incoming materials. I just don't like creating a social hierarchy or maybe how it was presented to me as an 'elite' group of members turned me off of the idea. For now however let's see if the normal way works o.o;
Massive
Massive
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevaeh Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:06 pm

I might die because of this but...

Excellent idea, MrP, I thought it was very well thought out and explained.

Due to the obvious lack of enthusiasm from guild members to actually perform tasks--I'm not even going to lie, I am often included in this group--I don't see what harm it could do. So I disagree with Massive. It's not necessarily a "social hierarchy," but rather a tier of responsibility. Each group is not only responsible for the materials it produces, but also for the encouragement and uplifting of the fellow members. Cooking or crafting or refining is very difficult when you don't have someone there to take your mind off of the tedious pointing and clicking. The time seems to move quicker and more gets done. This is working smarter, not harder.

And let's be honest here, there are certain people who just care more than others. They are willing to do whatever it takes to make this guild stronger. Because they have that drive, then they should be given the opportunity to shine.

Finally, where has the "normal way" gotten us? We have received nothing but obstinance and grief from members, and have had a few people throw childish tempter-tantrums and leave the guild because we expected them to contribute. I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally have become very frustrated by scrambling to find people willing to do...anything--not just weaving. It is all very chaotic and unorganized and it ends up doing more harm than good. I believe that if we at least give MrP's idea a try, it might alleviate some stress. Then we wouldn't have to have guilt-trip speeches and sour attitudes every other week.

So what's the harm in trying? We can't be successful unless we step out of our comfort zone and try something new...something different. For whatever it may be worth, how great or small my opinion may be, I'm backing the idea. Smile
Nevaeh
Nevaeh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:22 pm

What Massive - or any other individual who thinks a lot - might be concerned about, is will this turn into like a communism sort of guild. What Nevaeh said is very true - regarding willing people, take from history - that communities used to be small, tight- close, and trustworthy the issue of crime was not apparent because there were so few in a community - everyone was honest and had special bonds with one another.

As democracy took it's stand, however - note that the one in charge was by election - and decisions were made, through somewhat, of a vote derived from voters who voted for the voters. Etc. Very confusing. Back to the important notion, as our guild grows - as we get more members of different kinds, there needs to be more people - or leader like people, who are looking to group certain people together, and stick as friends. At the same time, this kind of person - needs to befriend other friends of groups in the guild. Though we don't show any hostility to one another- if we were into more groups - not decided by anyone, but those who should lead - then we could probably have a bit more of a family, and so working may not be as much of a stress to those who originally were unwilling.

However, on this note - keep in mind there will always be those people who just don't want to work - don't want to contribute - etc. These people, we do not force from the guild, to deal with them I have yet to figure though. With that being said, I believe most of us are relativly close to eachother, no? I mean I have fun with you guys all the time, be-it in a dungeon, or sitting in town.

Lastly, if we had groups - if we had everyone working, I suspect as much that we'll need some form of a reward, something for our guildies to feel rewarded by, as not everyone would appreciate a castle. I don't know what should go with that concept either.

So, as you can see - There's a lot I don't know about, but I can say - that the groups is a good idea, which I am restating. What I'm worried about in this guild - Midgard - is the loss of people due to lack of connection, and drama of course. Remember - even if there's people we don't like - I feel we should directly and with a mediator - confront the other person with these issues, in order for our guild to be stable.
Jake
Jake

Character sheet
Awesome 'o' Meter:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevaeh Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:56 pm

However, on this note - keep in mind there will always be those people who just don't want to work - don't want to contribute - etc. These people, we do not force from the guild, to deal with them I have yet to figure though. With that being said, I believe most of us are relatively close to each other, no? I mean I have fun with you guys all the time, be-it in a dungeon, or sitting in town.

Lastly, if we had groups - if we had everyone working, I suspect as much that we'll need some form of a reward, something for our guildies to feel rewarded by, as not everyone would appreciate a castle. I don't know what should go with that concept either.

So, as you can see - There's a lot I don't know about, but I can say - that the groups is a good idea, which I am restating. What I'm worried about in this guild - Midgard - is the loss of people due to lack of connection, and drama of course. Remember - even if there's people we don't like - I feel we should directly and with a mediator - confront the other person with these issues, in order for our guild to be stable.

Couldn't you sort of apply the old rule "if you don't work, you don't eat" to this situation? If you don't contribute, then you don't get to reap the rewards of being a part of Midgard. That's how I see it. New recruits should enter knowing that they will be expected to contribute. There is really no other effective punishment. Lol--I guess we could always take them into the arena and camp them with wooden sticks.

And...what sort of rewards could you give in a limited virtual environment? In-game clothing is always nice but that would get old...

...The rewards could be "real"--like NX cash, t-shirts, accessories, etc. Monthly drawings, etc. Good idea? Bad idea?

I love the family-feel of this guild. But as we begin to grow larger and larger, I feel like I don't know anyone anymore. I really don't want to lose that. So if that's an added bonus to the groups, where we maintain the small-guild feel.

And Jake, as the official guild babysitter, maybe you should do mediations. Razz You get along so well with everyone.
Nevaeh
Nevaeh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrP Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:03 pm

There will be way to many people for us to coordinate. Thats really what I'm saying, we wont be able to tell who is working and we still have to rely on Massive for all our directions.
MrP
MrP

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:25 am

Yeah, you're right - Nevaeh - that is, regarding the you don't work you don't eat. You're probably right about the expectancy to work, but we obviously have to cushion that slave feeling people can get. Which, I hope I can do.

Mrp, you're right - but you're going to have to convince massive to release his agenda to us. Right? xD
I'd be willing to help with leadership - however, I don't know if I'm fit for the role. Maybe Slyforn - Yukie - or you even.

Mediator you say? I don't know if I get along with everyone - Nevaeh..

Sorry, I'm quite back and fourth with this...Typing...

As for the Cash as a real reward - is nice - but, I mean... This is recession here, I'm not sure we can all afford to stash in cash. You neeed serious dedication for that... I like drawings though, I can kind of draw. .
Jake
Jake

Character sheet
Awesome 'o' Meter:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ledah Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:01 pm

Back when I was on Tarlach we used to manage tasks by breaking up the guild into smaller teams. One possible break down of this would be having Azazer, Narilyn, and Norwyre on herb duty. Ariden, Komui, Gigaus, Lilwashu, Matra, Renpika, and Suisenseki on Barri Runs (first floor only). Akiri, Ebifrys, frostmage, and Ligra would be on Leather Patrols in Math.

[Random Bit of Information]
lol my unarmed damage is 48~68 in Tarlach...
Ledah
Ledah

Character sheet
Awesome 'o' Meter:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum